- Branch XII English Literature was introduced in 1981 and the Department expanded.
- M.A., English was introduced in 2002, B.A English in 2008 and M. Phil in 2016.
- The faculty members have published around 10 papers in various journals, seminar volumes. Two of our students have presented papers in International Conference.
- One member of our Department has acted as Resource Persons in two Seminars and also acted as members of the Inspection Committee for various Colleges.
- The Department has organized a National Level Seminar and a State Level Workshop.
- Many students from our Department are office bearers in various associations. They have brought laurels to the Department by winning in various competitions organized by various associations of our College and in other intercollegiate competitions.
- Many of our alumni are placed in renowned positions as gazette officers and most of our students are working in Government Schools and Colleges and in reputed companies.
|Name of the Degree||Duration|
|B.A. English||3 years|
|M.A. English||2 years|
To create a love for literature and language.
To improve the communicative skills of the students.
|S. No||Faculty Name||Qualification||Designation|
|1||A.D.Sasikala||M.A., M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor & Head||View Profile|
|2||B.Ramya||M.A., M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|3||N.Saravanan||M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|4||N.Suganthi||M.A., M.Ed., M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|5||M.Sathya||M.A., B.Ed.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|6||A.Bhavani||M.A., B.Ed.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|7||D.Poornamathi||M.A., B.Ed.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|8||S.Meenachi||M.A., B.Ed.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|9||M.Lakshmi||M.A., B.Ed.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|10||M.Karthi||M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|11||T.Vimala||M.A.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
- Conducted one day workshop in the title Communication for Placement on 7.1.2019
- One of our staff member has attended one day FDP in English conducted by Periyar University.
- 17 of our students are placed in various private firms.
- Mr. N. Saravanan., Assistant Professor, participated in the seven days “Orientation Program for NSS Programme Officers” organized by ETI – RGNIYD, Tamilnadu from 19-25th September 2016 at RGNIYD, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
- Mr. N. Saravanan, Assistant Professor, participated in the National Integration camp held at Government Arts, Commerce Postgraduate College, Autonomous, Hosur, Karnataka, from 25-01-2018 to 31-01-2018.
- Mr. N. Saravanan, Assistant Professor, attended a Faculty Development Programme on Global Business Foundation Skills in Infosys BPM Ltd., Mysore during the year 2015.