- The Department of Mathematics was established in the year 1975, to offer undergraduate B.Sc. course in Mathematics. In the Self-financing wing M.Sc. Mathematics was started in 2002 and B.Sc. Mathematics in 2014.
- The Department has produced centum results many times.
- The faculty members of the Department have been the Chairpersons and members of the Board of Studies in Periyar University.
- The Faculty members have also acted as members of the Inspection Committee for various Colleges.
- Faculty members have published around 17 papers in Journals, Seminars and Conferences.
- The Department has received funds from UGC and ICHR for Minor Research Project worth Rs. 1,85,000/- and study grant worth Rs.20,000/-.
- Around 11 students have participated in Seminars and Conferences.
- Every year we celebrate the great Mathematician Ramanujan’s birthday to honour his contribution in Mathematics.
To inculcate mathematical knowledge with social responsibilities.
To develop analytical and logical thinking in the minds of young nation builders.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Improved their ability to combine and relate mathematics and statistics in various fields.
- Attained logical reasoning and analytical thinking to solve various problems of real time.
- The students would have gained sound mathematical knowledge for further study or for professional and Managerial careers.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Attain importance at places wherever problem solving is needed.
- To be a able to identify, locate, evaluate, and effectively use that information for issues or problems on hand.
- They will develop logical way of thinking during their higher studies and research activities.
- Acquisition of good knowledge will enable them peruse higher studies and research activities.
- Understand, formulate and use quantitative models arising in social science, business and other contexts.
|S. No||Faculty Name||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Mrs. T.Santhi||M.Sc, M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor & Head||View Profile|
|2||Dr.M.Nalini||M.Sc.,M.phil., Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|3||Dr. V. Radhamani||M.Sc., Ph.D||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|4||Dr.A.Kavitha||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
- Mrs. T Shanthi, Associate Professor received Rs.20,000/- as study Grant from ICHR in 2010.
- Mrs. T.Shanthi, Associate Professor received a grant of Rs 1,85,000/- from University Grants Commission for her Minor Research Project in 2015.
- Mrs.V.Radhamani, Assistant Professor attended a Faculty Development Programme at Nehru Group of Institutions, Coimbatore in 2018.