- The Department was established in 2015.
- The enthusiastic faculty member of the Department has presented papers and has been guest lecturer at other Institutions.
- Many students have participated at the National level seminars and Conferences at Periyar University in 2018.
To create quality professionals and master the changing trends.
To induce the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- To impact theoretical & practical knowledge so as to provide a strong foundation for studies for career.
To prepare the students for a wide variety of jobs in garment industry and to apply their creative mind in the designing of apparel and home textile
Wide variety of employability options such as Design Director, Fashion Director, Style advisor, Fashion Buyer, Design Manager, Design Consultant, Fashion Blogger, Couturier, Fashion critic, Fashion Illustrator and Fashion Merchandiser.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Analyze and identify required parameters vital to design and manufacture apparel products suiting the needs of the market
Acquire creative and innovative skills in designing apparels with due considerations to public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors.
Understand the impact of sustainable development in apparel manufacturing processes.
Understand the commitment towards professional ethics and responsibilities in the entire textile business process.
Apply the knowledge, skill and attitude as a team player in initiating, executing and managing projects in the areas of design, manufacture, marketing and entrepreneurship in multi-disciplinary environments.
|1||S. Jeeva||M.Sc., (CDF)||Assistant Professor & Head||View Profile|
|2||R. Sindhupriyadharshini||M.Sc.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|3||G. Haripriya||M.Sc.,||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|4||R. Suresh||M.Sc., (CDF)||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|5||M. Arunya||M.Sc., (CDF)||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
- Mrs. A. Monisha presented papers in the National level Seminar held at Nandha College of Arts and Science, Erode and Avinashilingam University for Women, Coimbatore in 2017.
- Mrs. A. Monisha has given a lecture on “Weaving mechanisms” at Sri Vasavi College, Erode in 2018.
- Mrs. A. Monisha presented a paper in the National level Conference held at Department of Zoology, J.K.K. Nataraja College of Arts and Science, Komarapalayam in 2018.
- Students of the Department have participated at the National Level Seminar at Periyar University on “Non-Woven Technical Textile” in 2018.