Our Library is an invaluable data centre for students and faculty members. It is well-equipped with the automation software “Campus I Lib”. It consists of recent books and Journals in the field of Arts, Science and Social Sciences etc., in addition to online resources. It holds a collection of 25,863 volumes and 17,386 titles.
The total area of the Library is 3, 328 sq ft. with the seating capacity of about 150 readers. The Library has a collection of over 25,771 books on different subjects, 40 reputed National and International Journals, Magazines, News papers, e-resources and back volumes. The Library has the membership of INFLIBNET, and National Digital Library of India (NDL). It is completely computerized with barcode technology.
The working hours of the library is from 9.00 am to 4.45 pm on all working days. The staff members and the students are provided with separate ID cards with barcode which ensures easy accessibility and issue of book procedure.
The following learning resources are extended to the learners.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) Searching Service.
- Circulation Section for issue and return of books.
- Entry Computer: Optical Character Recognition entry using ID card or Manual entry.
- Open Access system: Students and staff members have direct access to the book shelves.
- INFLIBNET, and NDL Online Database Services.
- Stack rooms and Back volume Section
- Periodical and Reference Sections
- News paper reading section.
- CCTV Security System.
- Reprographic Service Section
- Internet Browsing Facilities
- Technical Processing Section
- Newspaper Clipping Service.
- Current Awareness Service.
- (Mrs.) P. Saraswathi, Principal.
- S. Sasikala, Librarian.
- A. Geetha, Department of Computer Science.
- (Mrs.)K.M.Syed Ali Fathima, Department of Zoology.
- (Mrs.) M. Boovathi, Department of Commerce.
[pdfviewer width=”600px” height=”849px” beta=”true/false”]https://arts.jkkn.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/13.-Library-1.pdf[/pdfviewer]
- State Level Seminar on “Resources and tools for Research” was conducted on 25th February, 2017.