View All Result
- The Department of Zoology was established in 1976. Subsequently, M.Sc, M.Phil and Ph.D programmes were started in 1979, 1984 and 2001 respectively.
- The faculty members of the Department have been the Chairpersons and members of the Board of Studies in Periyar University and Sri Sarada College for Women, Salem.
- The Faculty members have also acted as members of the Inspection Committee for various Colleges.
- The faculty members have published around 65 papers in various Journals, Book chapters and Magazines and 10 books.
- Few faculty members are members of the Editorial board of various Journals.
- The Department has produced around 100 M.Phil scholars and 3 Ph.D scholars.
- To enhance the research activity, our Department has organised a National Level Conference.
- Many of our students have participated in Seminars and Conferences and received awards for best paper presentations.
- Our students have brought credit to the Department and College by producing 39 University Ranks.
MASTER OF SCIENCE
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Understood the nature and basic concepts of cell biology, genetics, taxonomy, physiology, ecology and applied Zoology.
- Subjects such as invasive or endangered species, embryonic development in mammals and ageing in social insects, lead to advances in medicine to prevent disease amongst both animals and human beings.
- Developed knowledge on living organisms at several levels of Zoological and Biological organization from the molecular, through cells to whole organisms and ecosystems of evolutionary perspectives.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Students gain knowledge and skill in the fundamentals of animal sciences, understand the complex interactions among various living organisms.
- Analyze complex interactions among the various animals of different phyla, their distribution and their relationship with the environment.
- Apply the knowledge of internal structure of cell and its functions in control of various metabolic functions of organisms.
- Understands the complex evolutionary processes and behaviour of animals.
- Correlates the physiological processes of animals and relationship of organ systems.
View All Result