NSS of our College has 5 units functioning in full swing. A separate room is allotted for NSS. The students of NSS conduct specialized camps for 7 days every year. Further, they concentrate in supporting villages to do Awareness Campaign, Dental Campaign, Eye Campaign, Health and Hygiene and various other services.
- To develop leadership qualities and capacity of the volunteers
- To develop skills in identifying the needs and problems of the community
- To find solutions to the community problems
- To practice national integration and social harmony
The motto of National Service Scheme is NOT ME BUT YOU
- The symbol for the NSS has been based on the Giant Rath Wheel of the world-famous Konark Sun Temple (The Black Pagoda) situated in Odissa, India.
- The wheel portrays the cycle of creation, preservation and release. It signifies the movement in life across time and space.
- The eight bars in the wheel represents 24 hours of a day.
- The red colour indicates that the volunteer is full of young blood that is lively, active, energetic and full of high spirit.
- The navy blue colour indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
- It stands for continuity as well as change and implies the continuous striving of NSS for social transformation and uplift.
Name of the Programme officer
|Designation & Department||No. of Volunteers||Adopted villages|
|I||Dr.P.Vennila, M.A.(His.), M.A.(Pol.Sci.), M.Phil., Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor, Dept. of History||100||Kuppandapalayam Village
|II||Dr.L.Kavitha, M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor, Dept. of Commerce||100||Elanthakkuttai Village
|III||Mr.N.Saravanan, M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed.,,||Assistant Professor, Dept. of English||100||Kaliyanur Village
|IV||Dr.A.Saravanan, M.A., M.Phil., M.B.A., Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics||100||Kaliyanur Agraharam Village
|V||Mrs.B.R.Haritha, M.Com., M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor, Dept. of Commerce (CA)||100||Thanttankuttai Village
- Awareness Programme on Drug Abuse
- Blood Donation Camp
- Celebration of Nutrition Week
- Dengue Awareness Programme
- Digital Literacy Programme
- Free Dental Checkup Camp
- Free Eye Checkup Camp
- Independence Day Celebration
- International Day of Person with disability
- International Population Day
- International Women’s Day
- International Yoga Day
- National Deworming Day
- National Unity Day
- Dengue Awareness Rally,
- Breast Cancer Awareness Rally,
- National Voters Day Awareness Rally
- Republic Day Celebration
- Self Defence Techniques
- Swachh Bharath Campaign
- Swachhta Ki Sewa Cleaning Campaign
- Tree plantation
- Vigilance Awareness Day
- Voter ID Camp
- World AIDS Day
- World Leprosy Day
- World Skill Day Programme
- World Water Day
- Youth Awakening Day Programme