- The Department was started in the year 1975. Physics is offered as an Allied Course for B.Sc. Mathematics and Chemistry.
- The faculty member has produced 6 M.Phil. Scholars. She has published 3 papers in International Journals.
- The Faculty member is a Member in Board of Studies in Periyar University and Selvam Arts and Science College, Namakkal.
- The Faculty member has also acted as a member of the Inspection Committee for various Colleges.
- In the Self-Financing wing B.Sc. Physics was established in 2014.
To offer quality education in Physics.
To awaken the young minds and create awareness about the gadgets and equipments used in daily life.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- To gain information about the technologies to support their research on physics.
- To contribute as scientists in nuclear power plant, Astronomy and Satellite Technology.
- To shoulder the responsibility with critical thinking and problem solving.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- To identify the key factors, applying appropriate principles and assumptions in the formulation of physics problems.
- To transfer and apply the acquired concepts and principles to study different branches of physics.
- To present information in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- To evaluate an issue critically based on evidence and scientific principles.
- To apply general experimental and measurement skills with prescribed procedures
- Dr. R. Rajanarthini presented three research papers in the Annual Research Congress held at Karpagam University, Coimbatore in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Dr. R. Rajanarthini has published five Research articles in various International Journals in 2013.